THE OPEN ARMS HOUSE
TITLE: Resident Care Manager
AT WILL, REGULAR EMPLOYEE
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
A non-profit organization led by a Board of Directors, dedicated to building a replicable, social model, end-of-life care home, while utilizing partnerships with community organizations, medical hospices and volunteers.
Oversees all aspects of resident services; from intake to departure from The Open Arms House. Manages house operations in support of resident care and oversees volunteer programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise the admissions coordinator and the intake process for new and waiting residents.
• Ensure quality care is provided to all residents at all times.
• Provide supervision to caregivers.
• Ensure that The Open Arms House is in compliance with all licensing agencies including the state and local city/county entities.
• Supervise the volunteer coordinator
• Responsible for the recruitment and training of volunteers who work within the home.
• Responsible for the scheduling of caregivers, administrators and volunteers.
• Conduct regular meetings with resident care volunteers and others as needed, in order to ensure adequate communication amongst the house operations staff.
• Develop plans for ongoing education and training of caregivers and volunteers.
• Supervise the office coordinator.
• Serves as the primary liaison with the The Open Arms House staffing agency.
• Ability to work with all people.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to multi-task amongst varying priorities.
• Ability to express the mission and values of the organization through oral and written forms of communication.
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
• Invites, listens and responds to the voices of colleagues.
• Exhibits flexibility and collaborates with people throughout the organization.
• Integrates the mission throughout the culture of the organization.
• Uses ‘Team’ concepts to plan and execute activities.
• Models ongoing personal development.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Experience working in the end-of-life care field.
• College degree in nursing, medical field, or social work preferred.
• Experience with hospice programs and/or non-profit organizations preferred.
• Three or more years of management experience with demonstrated success.
• Certified facility administrator by the State of California preferred.
• Individual must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Position requires assisting residents in toileting, transfers and bathing
• Willingness to pursue personal growth and development.
The position’s work location is in Visalia, California.
The position requires working some nights and weekends.
Contact: Cyndy Swift
Office 559-716-6542 Cell 559-362-5079