The Open arms House
Resident Care Manager
At Will, Regular Employee
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
A non-profit organization led by a Board of Directors, dedicated to building a replicable, social model, end-of-life care home, while utilizing partnerships with community organizations, medical hospices and volunteers.
ORGANIZATION MISSION STATEMENT
The Open Arms House will provide a home for end-of-life care where every life matters to the very last breath and no one dies alone.
Oversees all aspects of resident services; from intake to departure from The Open Arms House. Manages house operations in support of resident care and oversees volunteer programs.
- Exhibit a compassion towards those experiencing end-of-life care, for both patient and family members.
- Direct care experience
- Experience with end-of-life care
- Clinical care management experience
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the admissions coordinator and the intake process for new and waiting residents.
- Ensure quality care is provided to all residents, at all times.
- Provide supervision to caregivers.
- Ensure that The Open Arms House is in compliance with all licensing agencies including the state and local city/county entities.
- Supervise the volunteer coordinator
- Responsible for the recruitment and training of volunteers who work within the home.
- Responsible for the scheduling of caregivers, administrators and volunteers.
- Conduct regular meetings with resident care volunteers and others as needed, in order to ensure adequate communication amongst the house operations staff.
- Develop plans for ongoing education and training of caregivers and volunteers.
- Supervise the office coordinator.
- Serves as the primary liaison with the The Open Arms House staffing agency.
- Ability to work with all people.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task amongst varying priorities.
- Ability to express the mission and values of the organization through oral and written forms of communication.
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
- Invites, listens and responds to the voices of colleagues.
- Exhibits flexibility and collaborates with people throughout the organization.
- Integrates the mission throughout the culture of the organization.
- Uses ‘Team’ concepts to plan and execute activities.
- Models ongoing personal development.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working in the end-of-life care field.
- College degree in nursing, medical field, or social work preferred.
- Experience with hospice programs and/or non-profit organizations preferred.
- Three or more years of management experience with demonstrated success.
- Certified facility administrator by the State of California preferred.
- Individual must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Position requires assisting residents in toileting, transfers and bathing
- Willingness to pursue personal growth and development.
The position’s work location is in Visalia, California.
The position requires working some nights and weekends.
Contact: Cyndy Swift
Office 559-716-6542 Cell 559-362-5079